To Download the Ten Commandments of General Speech
To Download the Ten Commandments of General Speech Preparation,
If you are looking for the Spring 2003 Honors midterm exam,
you should go to the class marked
You may click on this hyperlink.
Fall 2002 Honors Class
Take any of the three essays from the discussion of Affirmative Action in Part 3 of Social Justice in a Diverse Society by Manning and Trujillo. (pp. 313-355)
Write an essay in which you complete the following things:
1. Identify the type of proposition for the essay you selected to refute.
2. Offer refutation of this essay by using at least two refutational strategies covered in class and in the textbook.
Part Two: What is meant by the following terms? (You will be given a list and asked to select your favorites from it.)
Grice’s conversational rules
Part III: Be prepared to
1. Identify examples of verbal and factual disputes (and the forms of verbal dispute propositions).
2. Show how stock issues may be applied to a proposition.
3. Identify how one may overcome obstacles to analytical and creative thinking.
4. Apply the tests of evidence to particular examples.